LinCaya.M

My photo
Mbabane, Hhohho, Swaziland
I am just another kid on the blog, trying to share my feelings with the world. i write about anything that comes to mind. Life has so much to give and too many lessons to teach. We learn, note & get inspired...NO POLITICS HERE SORRY!!!

Monday, 17 September 2012

Empty Prayers



i was just browsing through my facebook friends the other day and came across a very interesting passage that i read and it  moved me. i decided to share with the world.

i don't know what the writer was feeling but i know it made me feel sad and asking myself why he wouldn't intervene when she asked God for him to love Her.


Read on and enjoy......

i tried my bit to keep you here but its hard to hold a shadow.
you said goodbye but i couldnt hear..
too busy praying for a miracle.
you left me on my knees, 
you just walked out the door, you didn't even have the decency to intervene
while i was begging God for you to love me.

i prayed about us every night,
boy i know you had to hear me.
you could have stopped me then and told the truth 
but instead u pulled the pillow over your head.
and you left me on my knees,
you just walked out the door.you didn't even have the decency to intervene
while i was begging God for you to love me.

you should have told me it was useless,
that i was praying empty prayers
but you hopped in your car pulled out your keys
while you were leaving,i was begging God for you to love me.

i know that he had something better to do than to sit ad listen to a broken hearted fool
could have been saving the world from a tragedy
but instead he was listening to me
i was asking,begging for a sign to bring comfort to this lonely heart of mine.
but i guess your walking out was him answering.

you left me on my knees,
you just walked out the door.
you didnt even have the decency to intervene
while i was begging God for you to love me.

i tried my best to keep you here but it's hard to hold a shadow.

it just amazed me how we seem to pray empty prayers, we keep hoping that things will change but we know deep inside that we are fighting a loosing battle. we keep holding on to shadows, things that are not there. i guess when God created us he put the spirit of being fighters even when we loose at the end of it, we just want to say i did my bit, i tried everything but did not work out well.

i am writing from a girl's point of view. i know the man also have something to say to this that might be a bit different. it hurts to love somebody who does not love you back. i will liken it to writing an exam and not getting the results, you are left in the dark....not knowing whether you have passed or failed...

i wish somebody could give the answer on how to let go of the shadow. i must admit i am one of those girls who keep hoping for a miracle and not giving up until i have lost my breath or drained.

.......i don't want to be that girl.....

No comments:

Post a Comment